10/10/2011

I am in Costa Rica!

As you can see from the title of this blog... I arrived in Costa Rica this morning! It has been a full day so I will just share some highlights.

But first, I wanted to share something funny that happened yesterday. (It's funny now. Not so funny when it was happening) I was in my hotel room in Miami. I had just started my shower and put the shampoo in my hair.   And the fire alarm for the hotel goes off. So I washed the shampoo out as fast as I could, got dressed, grabbed my room key and headed to the nearest exit. I was staying on the 11th floor so I had a ways to go. I finally got outside and we all had to wait about 30 minutes while the firemen checked everything out. It was not a fire although I don't know what the problem was. Needless to say, when my alarm clock went off this morning I panicked thinking it was the fire alarm again!

So I arrived in Costa Rica this morning at 10:50am, but I had messed up and  told my ride that I arrived at 11:50am. So I ended up standing with all of my bags (I checked 3 and had 2 carry-ons) at the curb outside of the airport for quite awhile waiting. But, everything turned out well.

I am staying with a very sweet family. The mother's name is Emy and she speaks English very well, but I am doing my best to work on Spanish :) I plan to go to the school tomorrow and find a tutor to help me until classes begin on October 24.

I am excited to be here and get started but I have to admit that everything is a little overwhelming right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment