9/24/2017

New School Year

Hey Everyone! 

It has been a whirlwind of school stuff since the beginning of August! I am loving my job at Alliance Academy International. I am crazy busy, it being my first year at the school and all. However, I love the community at the school. My coworkers are great, and I feel supported to do my best.

I can't even tell you how great my class is. I have 17 kids in the class, and they are all super sweet. 

It is so great being able to teach fifth grade again. It is so fun teaching multiplication instead of Algebra II.

I mentioned to several of you guys that my prayer was that I would be able to work with high school girls in some way even though I would be a fifth-grade teacher. 

I am thrilled to tell you that God more than answered that prayer. I will be working in a program called Guardians. The basic gist of the program is that adults mentor the high school seniors and juniors called the Vanguard. The Vanguard mentors the 9th and 10th graders called apprentices. Together the vanguard and the Apprentices lead either middle school or 4th-6th grade small groups on Wednesday afternoons. The Vanguard and Apprentices have applied and we start meeting with them on Wednesday! Someday soon, I will have 1 or 2 vanguard students to mentor.

I have attached some pictures of my classroom below. These pictures were the day before Open House when I met all the parents of my students. 




No comments:

Post a Comment