4/17/2016

Asking for Prayer

Hey Guys,

I have been meaning to write a blog for quite some time now. This is going to be a different sort of blog. I don't really have any pictures to share with you at this time. Really I just wanted to give a brief overview of how you can be praying for me, my students, and their families this week as well as the rest of Ecuador.

 
1) Shell was not directly affected by the earthquake. There is no structural damage here. However, many of the missionaries here in Shell are already on the move to assist the people in need at the coast. My neighbor is a missionary pilot with MAF. He flew out this morning to begin taking patients from the affected areas to hospitals in bigger cities that could provide the care they need.

  • Pray for the missionaries as they serve those in need.
  • Pray for their children and spouses that remain here in Shell to carry on daily life.
  • Pray for the people in the affected areas. (the injured, the people who have lost their homes, people who have lost their livelihood, people who have lost loved ones...)
  • Pray that through this tragedy many would come to know Christ.


2) I would also ask you to pray for the upcoming week at school. We are having spiritual emphasis week starting tomorrow. We are calling this week REFRESH.  We are talking about John 15 and abiding in Christ. We as a staff are praying that the students hear and apply the word that we are bringing before them.

  • Pray for the teachers who are leading these devotions each day this week starting at 8:15am.
  • Pray that the students' hearts will be open to what God would have them learn this week.
  • Pray for unity among the students and staff.
  • Pray for the leaders and the students to be obedient to the Word of God.
  • Pray for strength for the leaders and students as their emotions are affected by what is going on elsewhere in Ecuador. 



I am so encouraged to know that I have people who pray for me daily and weekly. Thanks so much for praying for these specific needs. Hopefully I will be able to bring you more news on how the missionaries here in Shell are able to help the people on the coast. I will update everyone about how REFRESH goes next week.

Love you guys!
Jennifer Kendrick

P.S. I also have a new telephone number. (205-564-5500). This is a number that you can call just like you were calling anyone else in the States. It is an Alabaster, AL area code. I would love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment