11/08/2012

God has me HERE

As many of you know, my grandfather, Billy McCarty passed away this week. He has been ill for a very long time, and we know that he is with God now. However, as humans, his surviving family (wife, kids, grand-kids and great grand-kids) still miss him.

It has been hard being so far from my family during this time. I would give anything to be able to be there to hug my grandma and comfort her during this time.

However, God has made it very clear to me through this difficult time that I am where I am supposed to be. Although this knowledge does not take away all of the pain, it does bring me comfort in the fact that God has me where he wants me. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

I thank God for the man my grandfather was. He loved his family and his country and was confident in his Savior. I am grateful for the christian heritage that he passed down to our family.



On a much lighter note:

Aren't they just the cutest?!?
For our Bible verses at school the 1st and 2nd graders have been memorizing Psalms 34. The writer of Psalms 34:4 tells us about how he called for God and how God delivered him from all of his fears. My little first grade boy came to school on Monday and told me that he sometimes has bad dreams and wakes up and calls for his mom. However, he told me that Sunday night instead of calling for his mom, he remembered the verse about being delivered from our fears. He prayed to God instead and went back to sleep.

How cool is that!! My little first grader seeing God working in his life. I love that I have the opportunity to teach these children about God.

Thank you guys for your prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment