11/17/2016

Trusting God

One of the assignments in the 10th grade Apologetics course was to study 30 names of God in 30 days. The idea was to examine one name per day. The students looked at what each name tells us about God and how this characteristic should impact how we worship Him.

I began thinking through some of those names today. 


God is Jehovah-shalom: (God of peace)


When my mind is full of "what comes next", "what ifs", "what should I do", am "I doing the right thing," it can be hard to find peace or rest for a weary brain. However, the knowledge that God is a God of peace is not only reassuring, but it encourages me to lay my burdens (including worries) at His feet.


God is Jehovah-jireh: (God who provides)


The year so far has been challenging. There is a lot of work to get done in a day. Teaching chemistry and algebra II this year has been more than a challenge. Trusting God in the midst of stress is a battle that I lose sometimes. However, the knowledge that God is the one who provides is an encouragement to keep fighting that battle. He is the One that provides the ability to complete work at all. It is He who will provide me with the ability to learn and later teach that chemistry lesson that I am struggling with.


God is Jehovah-M’kaddish: (God who sanctifies)


When I lose that battle or others, I can know that God is the One that sanctifies. He is not going to give up on me until He finishes with me. He forgives me, and He is the only One who can give me the strength to win the battle.


God is Jehovah-Nisei


This name means “God our banner.” Under His banner we go from triumph to triumph and say, “Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 15:57). (by the Navigators, 2007)
When the battle is won for the day, I praise God because He is the One that gave me the victory.

Prayer Requests:
1. Teaching Chemistry and Algebra II is hard :)
2. Busy Schedule
3. Missing friends

Praises:
1. I am able to join my family in Alabama for Christmas!
2. Teaching 5th-8th grade science classes- It has been encouraging to have conversations about how perfectly God designed our universe
3. Students- I am thankful for the 10th grade students. They are dedicated to their work. Even though the content is hard, I can see them doing their work for the glory of the Father each and every day.

Resource: The resource that we used to study the names of God for 30 days can be found at the link below.
https://www.navigators.org/Tools/Discipleship%20Resources/Tools/30%20Days%20of%20Praying%20the%20Names%20and%20Attributes%20of%20God


No comments:

Post a Comment